The role of the Regional Business Development Executive is to drive growth through proactively prospecting and winning new Tenant Referencing and associated Insurance volume via Letting Agents across a defined geographic territory. The role holder will ensure a thorough understanding of our market, our products and our services as well as those of our competitors. They will create and drive a prospect pipeline to sell the Rentshield Direct products and generate net growth in Referencing and Insurance on both volumes and revenue.
The role holder will develop and maintain great relationships with existing agents and new prospects, understanding that opportunities can come around at any time. The role holder will deliver both training and support for new sign-ups, as well as best in class account management for existing customers – with the full support of the Teignmouth head office team.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
• To develop and maintain an expert understanding of our products and services, the lettings market, our competitors’ offerings and the regulated environment in which we operate
• To build and maintain a prospect pipeline and a plan that will achieve our monthly sales targets, using open market data and making use of group data through targeted analysis
• To sell the Rentshield Direct portfolio of products and services including Insurance and Referencing to potential clients by telephone, email or face to face
• To grow new business and maximise income with both existing and new Rentshield Direct accounts
• To provide insight into the wider marketplace, service standards and strategies to enable best practice, gain market advantage and maximise our opportunity - creating an overall stronger ‘team’ performance
• To follow the third party engagement process for all new agents ensuring a smooth transition into Rentshield Direct for the customer
• To deliver guidance and training to new & existing customers providing additional support for a defined period; ensuring the embedding and fluency of our products and services
• To ensure retention of accounts using a consistent and risk based contact strategy
• To maintain accurate records of customer interaction and feedback, demonstrating an effective and consistent approach to maximising revenue - updating Salesforce as required
• To deal proactively and take ownership of client enquiries - escalating where appropriate
• To attend meetings as reasonably required at any given time, across the UK
• To support other customers outside of your portfolio when required
• To comply at all times with the FCA’s (and any other applicable regulators) principles, commitments and Codes of Practice - maintaining a thorough understanding of the requirements and reporting any failures to comply immediately
• To report any suspected breaches, complaints and incidents immediately to the appropriate person as per our policies
Education & Qualifications
- 5 GCSE’s A-C or equivalent, including English and Mathematics
- Sales Qualification
• Proven sales experience within the lettings industry
• Proven influencing skills in a B2B relationship
• Proven commercial development experience
• Ability to use Microsoft Office effectively: Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint
25 day’s holiday + bank holidays, Employer pension contribution, 2% salary to spend on a variety of benefits after one year’s service, healthcare cash plan, subsidised gym memberships, online discounts and cashback cards from a variety of high street retailers, free parking, free office fruit, on site therapies, and a variety of flexible benefits (including private medical cover, private dental cover, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, charitable giving)
To apply for the position please click on the following link https://sforce.co/2PeALZY which will take you to our applicant portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. All applicants must live and be eligible to work in the UK.