Overview of the role
To lead and direct the Group’s customer complaints operations, processes and controls - developing a small team of Complaint Handlers, and engaging with stakeholders to ensure delivery of fair customer outcomes in adherence with regulatory guidelines and Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) expectations.
To design and embed an effective Root Cause Analysis (RCA) mechanism to enable continuous improvement, resulting in better outcomes for our customers - reflected in reduced complaint volumes and increased customer satisfaction.
To adopt a ‘hands on’ approach to the handling of complaints and lead by example through the ownership of a portfolio of customer complaint cases. Demonstrating to direct reports what effective complaint handling is, setting an acceptable standard of output and enabling the coaching of Complaint Handlers to that standard.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
People Leadership (25%)
1. Lead, coach and develop a small team of Complaint Handlers to define, deliver and maintain an
exceptional level of competence within the team to deliver timely, cost effective and fair resolution of customer complaints in accordance with regulatory guidelines, FOS requirements and our agreed service levels;
2. Manage resource effectively to deliver consistently high levels of service to meet customer and business demands throughout the year;
3. Identify skills/knowledge gaps within the team, to drive the team’s learning agenda; and
4. Create a culture of continuous improvement, enabling Complaint Handlers to support the wider business in front line complaints identification, logging and as appropriate - resolution.
Stakeholder Management (15%)
1. Represent the Complaints Team in the wider business through engagement with key stakeholders at all levels;
2. Monitor and manage emerging customer and business risks through the prompt identification, escalation and resolution of gaps in policy and procedure;
3. Influence stakeholders from front line, through to executive leaders, making fact driven recommendations from the presentation of robust analysis of root causes and other management information;
Technical Management & Complaint Handling (60%)
1. Design and embed an effective RCA mechanism, working with stakeholders to drive down complaint volumes and increase customer satisfaction scores;
2. Own all escalated, high profile and complex complaints to final resolution;
3. Support the team during periods of peak demand, through the effective handling of customer complaints;
4. Ensure all team policies and procedures meet regulatory requirements
5. Reduce ‘waste’, as a result of re-work, by acting as part of the first line of defence in respect of quality assurance of the Complaint team’s activity.
Education / Qualifications
The candidate will be educated to degree level, or equivalent, preferably in an English based field of study.
It is desirable for the candidate to have:
1. CII Level 4 Diploma; and/or
2. Regulated Complaint Handling Qualification.
Experience / Knowledge
1. Strong operational and leadership experience of significant change in a regulated environment;
2. Comprehensive working knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements in relation to complaint resolution;
3. Experience in the analysis of data, identifying trends and root causes; and
4. A successful track record of complaint management.
It is desirable for the candidate to have:
1. Experience in a Lettings / Insurance business.
Skills / Aptitudes
1. Attention to detail and an eye for accuracy is critical;
2. Excellent Verbal and Numerical reasoning skills. Adept at identifying the core issue and prioritising efforts in responding.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain detailed complex issues in a simple manner;
4. An ability to self-manage with strong organisational skills is also important.
25 day’s holiday + bank holidays, Employer pension contribution, 2% salary to spend on a variety of benefits after one year’s service, healthcare cash plan, subsidised gym memberships, online discounts and cashback cards from a variety of high street retailers, free parking, free office fruit, on site therapies, and a variety of flexible benefits (including private medical cover, private dental cover, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, charitable giving)
If you would like to apply for this role please click on this link http://://sforce.co/2DkY0Nr - you will be taken to our applicant portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. All applicants must live and be eligible to work in the UK.